About the region of Upper Ciuc as a whole we can state that it is a region that cultivates its traditions, but maybe Sândominic keeps its folk traditions, dances and music more representatively.
There is a small museum functioning in the village, which presents the visitors the olden construction customs, interiors and textiles. A very good example of the keeping traditions is the hemp festival organised regularly. The Roman Catholic church of the village was built in 1798. Previously, the people of Sândominic attended the mass at the church of Tomeşti, and there were times when they also had a common priest.
The main entrance of the existing church, and the hand carved stone door frame of the vestry was made in the 11th century. The carved stone baptismal font of Romanesque style and the stoup have their origin in the 13th century. The statue “Holy Mary with the Child Jesus” was carved in the carving school of Şumuleu in the 15th century and it shows similarities with the other Madonna statues of Ciuc.
Also a painted cassette and the painting of the winged altar remained from the old church. Other eight statues depicting saints can also be seen in the present-day church. In Sândominic was born an eminent personality of Transylvania, Márton Áron the Bishop of Alba Iulia (Gyulafehérvár).
On the inside wall of the church, left to the side entrance an impressive wrought iron relief shows the features of the bishop who was baptised in this church. Near the village, in a place called Pásztorbükk, the Szeklers killed Cardinal Báthori András, the lord of Transylvania, on 31 October 1599. For the murder Pope Clement VII pronounced an anathema upon the commune.
On the place of the murder a cross was erected in 1816, which today stands at the inside wall of the church, while a chapel was built in Pásztorbükk. The repentant commune bethinks itself of this event with a mass every year.